Monday, October 6, 2008

Han Solo (Captain of the Millennium Falcon)

One of the heroes of the Rebellion, Han Solo later served as a General in the New Republic armed forces until he retired. He and Chewbacca continued to find adventure whenever they felt the need. After Chewbacca's death at Sernpidal, Han spent months in a grief-stricken alcoholic stupor. He was then approached by his old friend Roa, who needed help with a special mission. Han was again thrust into adventure.

Parts: Head (Bespin Capture Han Solo), Torso (Bespin Capture Han Solo), Arms (Bespin Capture Han Solo), Legs (Cantina Han Solo), Blaster (Bespin Capture Han Solo).

Supplies: File or emery board, super glue, brushes, Testors paints and Testors Dull-Cote.

Reference: This figure is loosely based on the cover of Agents of Chaos I: Hero's Trial.

Step One: I assembled the parts using the boiling water method and then allowed to cool completely.

Step Two: I painted the figure as close to my reference material as possible. I used a very dark brown for the coat and pants. There should be a good deal of grey in Han's hair as weel as some five o'clock shadow. I added a lot of detail to Han's blaster, as well.

Step Three: Finally, I applied a coat of Testors Dull-Cote to protect the paint and remove the shiny appearance.

No comments:

Post a Comment